www.sorichlyblessed.org

Monday, November 14, 2016

Belief

I will now venture into the world of blogging in a personal way. I will send my thoughts out into the abyss and wonder if anyone else thinks like me. As I get older, I'm 37, I feel more and more isolated in the way I think. I've grown up reading the Bible, I started serious study when I was 16. As I look back, I see a transformed woman. I cannot relate anymore to that teenager. Prayer is amazing that way. The Lord promises to transform us by the renewing of our minds. (Romans 12:1-2) Not that I have it all together. I'm an emotional, irrational, scattered individual. I love to write, and that is one way I will connect with the world out there. Today, I'm contemplating Numbers 13 and 14 of the Bible, when the Israelite were too afraid to enter the Promise land. It seems that because of their reaction of fear and disbelief, God decided they couldn't enter, they would die in the dessert and the generation after them could come in. I think it shows that God may not provide for those of whom choose disbelief. What if he has something amazing for you and you decide to question if it is possible. As he shows you a miracle, you say, it must be a coincidence. What happens if one spouse in a couple believes a promise or miracle and the other spouse does not? Can one spouse ruin it for the other. Don't we need to work together. In the story of the Israelites and Canaan, there were 12 men that went into Canaan to check it out and only 2 thought they should pursue this land the Lord asked them to pursue. The 10 that were too afraid, were told they would never enter, but the 2 that believed still could not enter until all the others died off. So yes, those whom believed were effected by those that did not believe. I just hope that I can be one that believes when the time is critical. I would love to hear anyone thoughts on this topic. Thanks for reading, Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment